New album sample arrived!

I was offered the chance to test out an album by Saal Digital and after a lovely wedding in January I thought it would be an ideal way to showcase it, so quickly got to work designing it!  Within a week it had arrived, just in time for a wedding fayre :)

The Professional Line books are the upper end of their photobooks, with the Professional Line XT being their top of the range, with "eXtra Thick pages).  I was hoping to try the XT but unfortunately they only offered the other, thinner-page version.

The acrylic photo front is lovely, and I chose the unusual wood-look spine and back in slate (dark grey) as a change from the linen or leather covers that I already have.  Once opened, the difference between this and my other more expensive albums became more apparent.  The high end matt pages look fairly clear - maybe not as crisp as a semi-matt or gloss - but it is the thickness of the pages that worried me most.  My usual albums have solid pages, but these thinner pages, whilst not as paper-thin as a magazine or a paperback book, are very thin card, so were not rigid at all and already warped - not what I would expect from a "professional" book.  At just under £100, this is not a "cheap" album either, so I was hoping for better.

For home snaps brought to life as a real photo, they are worth investigating, but for me I wouldn't use them for weddings etc without checking out their XT range.



close-up of the "high end matt" print
wood-like slate back
acrylic front - shiny!
wobbly pages
print is pretty good!
Acrylic Saal Professional Line book


https://www.saal-digital.co.uk/
https://www.instagram.com/saaldigital_uk/
https://www.facebook.com/saal.digital.uk/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Professional headshots

"Paper" First wedding anniversary - Boudoir photoshoot with Sarah

Photography for a Property for Sale in Kingswood Hull