Art nude boudoir photoshoot [NSFW]
There are so many reasons that I am pleased to be able to publish this post.
The subject matter and issues driving the shoot are very personal and I would normally keep these as private, so was delighted when Neil said I could publish some images, which did confirm how well the whole experience went for him.
He sent me an email a few weeks ago enquiring if I had done any boudoir-style photoshoots before from a body-positive perspective, as he wanted to do one to help overcome some body-confidence and vulnerability issues.
I've been doing these boudoir photoshoots for many years now. I explained that while I had never specifically done any shoots directly addressing those issues, my shoots end up with a positive response from my clients and an overall confidence boost. He followed up that he was considering a fine-art nude portrait session, interested in dramatic light and shadow, but definitely tasteful and non-erotic, all about the human form without explicit nudity. I reassured him that most of my photoshoots were done with regular people with no modelling experience.
On the day of the photoshoot he surprised me by arriving slightly early. There's always a slight worry that nerves may cause people to call it off at the last minute, but happily he was there waiting for me! After a bit of a chat and setting up some appropriate lighting, we steadily began the shoot.
Although some nerves were apparent, he did say afterwards that although it was scary at first, I had made it very relaxed and easy for him. It had been what he was looking for 100% and the experience was brilliant, and obviously he loved the photos!
Thank you again Neil for allowing me to share your photos and experience.
If anyone has similar issues that they would like to overcome, get in touch and let's have a chat about it. My photography studio is on Willerby Road, Hull HU5 but sometimes home shoots are possible.
Comments
Post a Comment